test post 1
Thought I would provide an update to the memo below.
Given the events and the impact Coronavirus is having throughout the local region and across the country, I feel it’s time to share some recommendations and action points.
Some of these will fall into the common sense category but non the less, should be shared.
Others are an attempt to be more proactive to the best of our abilities and are directly related to personal protection of our employees, their families, and the business as a whole. Please, do not hesitate to ask questions or share your concerns. It’s time for all of us to be supportive of one another and exercise our team spirit! Together, we will ride this out.
- Stay home with any mild symptoms – Please do not come to work if you are not feeling well. If you have a fever we ask that you self-quarantine for 2 weeks as a precautionary measure. Regardless of how you feel, or what your symptoms were, if you had a fever you should be tested for the Coronavirus.
- Avoid shaking hands
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Properly wash your hands frequently with soap and water (20 seconds minimum). If soap is not available please use a hand sanitizer or some type of wipe like Purell.
- Social distancing
- Avoid large crowds whenever possible, the recommended limit is now 10 people.
- Maintain a safe distance from others, 6 feet is the current recommendation.
OFI business recommendations and mandates:
- There will be no company luncheons until further notice - The scheduled luncheon for this coming Wednesday has been cancelled.
- Wednesday Production meetings are postponed until further notice – Most of our internal project communications can be handled in small groups and can be limited to 2-3 people. If you have a specific program, or project that needs attention from others please limit those involved.
- Business travel is suspended until further notice
- Limit outside visitors – only schedule necessary appointments. Again, if you can resolve issues by phone please do so.
- Personal travel – If you have plans to travel (vacation) or other events not associated to OFI business we may be asking you to self-quarantine for a period of 2 weeks after you have returned from your trip. This will be addressed on a case by case basis.
- Gym memberships – If you belong to a gym, attend yoga classes, etc. Limit, or eliminate participation.
There are several supplies that are critical to our daily production efforts. Please limit the use of the following supplies to the best of your ability. We are being told availability of these supplies could be 4-8 weeks out based on the current demand due to the Coronavirus.
- Paper towel
Again, these are interesting times and I know it can be frustrating, even scary for some of us. But, these are prudent steps that I feel we should be taking. Please let your supervisor or myself know if you have any questions, or have other items you feel be addressed regarding this outline.
We will provide regular updates as more information becomes available. We will post hardcopy of the information, and also put it up on the EIS system.
You are also welcome to visit the CDC and WHO websites for updated information.