Optiforms manufactures custom metal components for high precision applications
Optiforms is a leading manufacturer of custom metal components and enhanced surface finishes for high precision applications. We specialize in electroformed and CNC machined components, as well as electrodeposited platings and vacuum deposition coatings. We serve various industries such as aerospace and defense, medical, UV and semiconductor, searchlights and industrial.
Over the years, Optiforms has grown from a small garage operation to a cutting edge 62000 square foot facility in Temecula, California. We have expanded our capabilities and product offerings to meet the evolving needs of our customers. We have also established a reputation for excellence in quality, performance and customer service.
Our mission is to provide the best optical components and services possible for customers seeking the highest levels of performance and quality. We take great pride in every aspect of our processes, facility and manufacturing operation to deliver precision products that exceed your expectations.
We partner with you to craft custom solutions for your operational and design challenges. We offer a one-stop shopping experience, providing design engineering, development, manufacturing, optical coating and mounting services. We also have an extensive line of standard products that offer maximum performance.
We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation. We invest in the latest technology and equipment to ensure our products meet the highest standards. We also invest in our people, providing them with training and opportunities to grow their skills and knowledge.
Our Key Products
We offer a wide range of products for various applications and industries. Some of our key products are:
Electroforming is a process that uses electric current to deposit metal onto a mold or mandrel. The resulting metal component has the exact shape and surface characteristics of the mold. Electroforming allows us to create complex shapes and features that are difficult or impossible to achieve with other methods.
Some of the advantages of electroforming are:
- High accuracy and precision
- High surface quality and smoothness
- High strength and durability
- Low weight and high stiffness
- Ability to create thin walls and sharp edges
- Ability to create internal features and cavities
- Ability to create large or small components
Some of the electroformed components we make are:
- Optical reflectors
- Non-imaging optics
- Custom build-to-order components
Optical coatings are thin layers of material that are applied to optical surfaces to modify their reflectivity, transmissivity or absorptivity. Optical coatings can enhance the performance and functionality of optical components by controlling the amount and direction of light that passes through or reflects from them.
Some of the advantages of optical coatings are:
- Improved optical efficiency and quality
- Reduced glare and unwanted reflections
- Increased durability and resistance to environmental factors
- Customized spectral properties and color effects
- Ability to combine multiple functions in one coating
Some of the optical coatings we offer are:
- Metalized coatings: gold (Au), silver (Ag), aluminum (Al)
- Filters: covert, IR, band pass
- Dielectric multilayer stacks
Electro-deposited platings are thin layers of metal that are applied to metal surfaces by using electric current. Electro-deposited platings can improve the appearance, corrosion resistance, wear resistance, conductivity or hardness of metal components.
Some of the advantages of electro-deposited platings are:
- Uniform coverage and thickness
- Enhanced mechanical properties
- Increased lifespan and reliability
- Reduced friction and wear
- Customized color and finish
Some of the electro-deposited platings we offer are:
- Plated gold (Au)
- Rhodium (Rh)
- Silver (Ag)
- Nickel cobalt
Thermal Infrared Components
Machining allows us to create thermal infrared components with high dimensional accuracy and surface finish. We use CNC (computer numerical control) machines that can perform complex operations with precision and speed.
Some of the advantages of machining are:
- High flexibility and versatility
- High repeatability and consistency
- High quality control and inspection
- Ability to create tight tolerances and complex geometries
- Ability to work with various materials
Some of the machined components we make are:
- Integrated dewar cooler assembly components
- Cold shields
- Window housings
- Thermal insulators
- Gas transfer tubes
- Customized apertures
We are certified to the following standards:
- ISO 9001:2015: This is an international standard that specifies the requirements for a quality management system. It demonstrates our ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- ITAR: This is a U.S. regulation that controls the export and import of defense-related articles and services. It demonstrates our compliance with the U.S. national security and foreign policy interests.
- NIST 800-171: This is a U.S. standard that provides guidelines for protecting controlled unclassified information in non-federal systems and organizations. It demonstrates our adherence to the best practices for cybersecurity.
ISO 9001:2015 Certified