Electroplating Enhances Surface Finish
ELECTRODEPOSITION is a long standing and highly valuable manufacturing process used to alter surface properties of optical components.
Also known as electroplating, electrodeposition is a process where a metal component is overlayed with another type of metal through ion exchange in order to modify its surface properties. Optiforms primarily uses electroplating to enhance reflectivity of precision optical components.
Need a Custom Electodeposited Plating?
Premium Plating Services Tailored to Your Specifications
It’s important to note that the success of the electroplating process depends on several factors, including surface preparation of the substrate, bath composition, temperature control, current density optimization, and adherence to quality control measures.
Benefits of Electro-plated Components:
- Tailor Functional Properties to Achieve Desired Characteristics
- Improve Surface Hardness and Wear Resistance
- Control Coating Thickness and Uniformity
- Enhance Protection Against Corrosion and Wear
- Compatibility with Various Substrates Increases Design Options and Performance Characteristics
- Cost-Effective Solution that Increases Life Span of Component
- Meet Industry Standards and Regulatory Requirements
ISO 9001:2015 Certified